Sunday, September 11, 2011

Oh, hey, wow. There's, like... a journal here.

Well, hey everyone, I guess it's been long enough that I should stick something here so that this space doesn't look so sad and empty. I've got a few updates worth mentioning, so I figure it's worth posting something.

Firstly, I've gone and actually made an attempt at organizing this place--witness the sparkling new tags and gadgets and marvel their tidiness. Such tidiness. You must marvel. Go ahead, I'll wait.

I've been keeping busy in the long interim with a bit of writing, lots of ideas and some poetry. Lots of jewelry's been in the works as well. A few of my prayer beads are now for sale at local Christian Shoppe, and I've got a couple of commissions in the works.

More on the writing front, the non-fiction book that I wrote this past summer for master carver Jim Calder, "So You Thought You Couldn't Cut It: A Beginner's Guide to Woodcarving" is now in the long, slow process of drudging its way through publication. The publisher and I are anticipating an early summer release, which will be good for all those parents of young'uns who are trying desperately to find something for their young lads (and lasses) to do. If you happen to know one of those or just want to pick up carving yourself, you can order the thing here:

http://www.communityvoicemedia.com/jimcaldercarvingbook.html

Shameless self-promotion aside, I am also (slowly) working on collecting and writing poetry pieces for my envisioned collection, currently under the working title of "Tapwater Tides". Sporadic updates will ensue, I am sure, as work on that front progresses. I am also very tentatively about to dip a toe back into the novel-writing front. Very likely a fly-or-die situation, but I'm holding onto hope for now.

Final thoughts! My very lovely friend Kestry and I are also embarking on a co-authored novel-writing adventure! With cryptids and crazies and awesomeness included! Haha, it's currently under the working title "Mark of the Hunted", though I think it could more accurately be called "Grumpy Monsters and Demented Detectives Are Slowly Driving Casey Insane". :P

And you can find characters from this project here, in this little test blurb that I whipped up:

http://judah-leonardo.deviantart.com/art/This-Shouldn-t-Be-Normal-201988198">

Is this a suitable length for a journal entry? I think it's a suitable length for a journal entry. Take care, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment